Sunday, January 10, 2010

1 + 1 = 4

One love struck girl and one passionate boy = four gorgeous children.

This equation is partially the reason for my long gap in blogging. The boys were home for Christmas break and all routine was out the window. There were family games and special food and more games and friends and relatives and Godparents... then exhaustion.

When I was pregnant with my baby girl, I thought far too often about what other people would think of our large brood. In the history of life, four children is not absurd, but in America where 2.5 children is the accepted number, that forth child catapults you into a new category of "big." The truth is, I never think of that anymore. Our family is so perfect. It feels, so much, like this is what God had planned from the beginning of time.

1 + 1 = 4 might not make sense to anyone else, but it makes perfect sense to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment