Friday, July 30, 2010

M is for Moving

Moving can be fun and exciting, but seriously, I hate all the "stuff" involved in moving. Every time we've moved I've wished we could throw out half of our stuff and not look back. I hate moving stuff.

Today my Mother-In-Law moved. She packed much lighter for a permanent move than I would for a week long trip. One suitcase. Everything she "needs" is in one suitcase. About ten days worth of clothes, shoes, a couple of pictures, her Bible, glasses. That's it. She doesn't even want anymore. Not much stuff.

Of course she needed clothes, but the only other things that were important to her were a few choice pictures of her loved ones.

I know she has Alzheimer's, so that makes this different. Still, she is able to say and is resolute, that those items are all she needs. I think that is really profound.

(Somebody is gonna have to move her household full of stuff though. I just hope it isn't me. I hate moving stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment