Saturday, July 10, 2010

C is for Connie

I have the best mother in the world. The reason my boys and I have such a great relationship (see B is for Boys) is because of my mom. She modeled it with me and my sisters. Her name is Connie.

I've grown up to be a little bit like her. My husband would say I'm a near carbon copy, except that I am about 6 inches taller than her, have freckled instead of olive skin and... well, that's about it.

We are song-writers, worship leaders, gardeners, coffee and tea drinkers. We enjoy the same food. We love the same reality TV shows, and discuss our matching opinions on the phone regarding them. Our spiritual outlook is the same. And so on, and so on.

My mom taught me how to be a good Mom, a loving supportive wife and my own person. She instilled in me the beauty of having a real, dynamic relationship with God.

My mom is always there when I need her. She makes time. She makes me feel like the most important person in the world and she does this with her husband and my sisters too.

I thank God for her all the time. I can't imagine who I'd be without her. I love you Mom! Thank you for being you and loving me and for the invaluable truths you have instilled in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment