Sunday, July 11, 2010

D is for Diapers

I've changed a lot, a la ha hot, of diapers in my life.

I have FOUR kids. Let's see, quick math. I think I've changed at least 21,000 diapers in my life. (That's my conservative estimate, yet I've checked the math 3 times because it seems unreal.) No wonder diapers is the first thing that comes to mind with the letter "D."

I always wanted 3 or 4 kids, but I never realized just how many diapers I'd have to change. And, I'm not done yet. I've got at least another 1,500 to go.

My mom used cloth diapers for me and my sisters. Uh... I've washed some poop out of underwear on occasion, rare occasion. It's disgusting! (Mom, I have a new respect for you.)

I've used disposables all along. I feel guilty about it too. I care about the environment, yet I've added 21,000 diapers to landfills. Still, I will not wash poop out of cloth diapers every day. I can't! I think I'd lose it. I am not Caroline Ingalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment