Monday, March 22, 2010

Fungus, Not My Friend

Well, the antibiotics didn't kill my baby, they only caused a fungal diaper rash that itches and drives her nuts. It took me two weeks to figure it out. Or, should I say, two weeks to finally take her to the doctor so she could tell me what it was. Maybe if I had regularly given my boys antibiotics, I'd have been familiar with this. But... not.

I had tried every treatment that worked before with my boys. Baking soda baths, airing out the derriere, super-thick butt ointment. Nada was a-working.

I supposed it is not that bad. Really, I didn't want her to suffer out the ear infection any longer. What choice did I have? I had to help her, heal her ear, with antibiotics. But, now I know not to wait 2 weeks when I see this classic post-antibiotic fungal diaper rash.

So, I've got the correct remedy now. Hopefully my baby is on the speedy road to recovery and happier days.

No comments:

Post a Comment