Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthday Bliss

It's my birthday. This is a great birthday, and my husband made all the difference. He supervised the entire day and ensured a love-filled, low-stress day. I am simple, so it doesn't take much to make me happy.

The kids had off of school today which was actually wonderful. They cleaned their rooms, played with their baby sister, joked with me. Most notably, with the help of their dad, they made an awesome brunch. We all sat around the table eating my favorite, pancakes (plus much more), in the middle of the day, chatting and listening to one of our favorite alternative bands, Hawk Nelson.

My hubby got me a beautiful card. The house was cleaned. The kids gave me lots of love. When I needed something, everyone was quick to help.

There have been beautiful, don't-need-to-shovel, snow flurries all day.

My Mom and stepdad called early and sang Happy Birthday and told me how much they loved me. Later, my stepmom called. My Dad called. My sister and her boys called. The last call was quite entertaining for me. It was my sister and her fiance´, the latter of whom I implored to finish his (and her) rendition of Happy Birthday with the cha cha cha-type ending, "and many mooooooore," as he did for my son on his birthday. He indulged. I was filled with giddy satisfaction.

Could this day get any better? Not for me. That was all I needed.Just a day filled with the people I love. No presents, no hoopla, no cake. Oh crap! Cake! The kids will never forgive me if I forget. Our grocery store bakery makes the most delicious buttercream cakes with buttercream frosting. Off I go... Cake time!

Thanks family, immediate and extended, for remembering me today. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment