Friday, February 5, 2010

Eye Cream and Hair Dye

Ah, yes. I am admitting it. I use products to help me maintain my youthful appearance. Well, maybe youthful is a stretch, but I'm told I look younger than I am. Some of this is due to genetics. Both of my parents have always looked younger than they are. But, I give credit to Dove, L'Oreal and Clairol for the rest.

When I was 16, I swore I would never dye my hair. It was easy to proclaim that then. I had long wavy strawberry blond hair that others were envious of. Then, years later, a strange thing happened... a few of those luscious locks turned gray. Once I was thirty, I could no longer say they were a few since there were so many I could no longer count them. By the time I was thirty-five, I was faced with a serious choice. Go gray, or go to the bottle. I chose the latter. I had children in elementary school, I did not see gray hair as an option.

That handles the hair issues, but as I've looked in the mirror, I've been noticing odd creases; like I slept on that part of my chin funny, and woke up with a crease. However, to my horror, that crease doesn't go away as the day progresses!

Last year I had a surprise visit from my high school BFF. As soon as we saw each other, we smiled. I must admit, I immediately noticed that when she smiled, the skin at the corners of her eyes wrinkled. The horror! I knew instantly that this must be the case with my face too. A couple of months later, I invested in L'Oreal Skin Genesis Eye Serum. I was pleased with instant results. I suspect the bottle will have to be pried from my hands once I pass on. That stuff is awesome!

I'll be 38 in less than 2 weeks, but I don't feel it. And thanks to Walgreen's fabulous selection of youth in a bottle, I don't look it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment