Sunday, February 21, 2010

Missing the Boys

It's the weekend I look forward to for 6 months. The 3rd weekend in February, my husband takes the boys 4 hours up north to a camp filled with winter wonders. They skate and cross country ski, play broom ball, make ice cream from snow, feed horses, sleep in sleeping bags on bunk beds, play Uno all night. I kind of wish I was there, but then I'd miss this solitude.

Yes, this year is a little less about my solitude. I have a baby. Still, the house is so quiet. Instead of 5 people vying for my attention, there is only one sweet, beautiful, innocent baby. You'd think I'd LOVE this weekend. I always look forward to it, thinking I will.

Reality.... I missed those boys as soon as they drove away. I am a home body and so into my family. It's too quiet. Where are my hugs? I'm missing their smiles and excitement. They'll be home in 4 hours and I can't wait.

I always wanted to be a mom. This weekend reminds me how much I love them and cherish them. Can't wait to see you boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment