Friday, November 13, 2009

What's My Line?

Is a blog the forum to be brutally honest? Is this the place to gripe and complain? I almost did that today. Then I was struck with a feeling of responsibility to be positive and uplifting; or at least not so cynical.

Isn't there enough complaining? Aren't there enough people in this country with a sense of entitlement? Who am I to be annoyed by other people? Don't I annoy others just as much? So what's the point of us all talking about it?

So what if I don't like kids. (It's true. I'm a mother of 4 and don't like kids. In general that is. I do like mine, and at least a few others.) If I blog in more detail about that, what is the benefit?

I was a kid once, and I'm certain there must have been a plethora of people in my path filled with irritation over my presence. C'est la vie.

So all you kids out there... I'm giving you a second chance, and a third, and a forth, and so on. It's not your fault you annoy me, it's mine, and I'm going to try to be a better, more accepting person. Carry on... be jovial... have fun... and look me up when you're an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment