Friday, August 20, 2010

R is for Road Trip

I love road trips. Especially when it's me and my honey.

We've driven from Oregon to Wisconsin, from Wisconsin to Oregon; Milwaukee to St. Paul, St. Paul to Milwaukee; Milwaukee to Atlanta, Louisville, Springfield, and Denver; Las Vegas to L.A. and Las Vegas to Bend, OR and back.

I got to drive from Vermont back to Wisconsin, alone. With the kids, we drove round-trip to North Carolina, and with my sister, brother-in-law, mom and step-dad, my hubby and I drove to see my sister in Prince Albert Saskatchewan and back (That was some adventure!).

Road trips are awesome! My husband is the main driver and I am the navigator and educator. I love watching the map and pointing in various directions, informing others about what is near. I consult my travel books to add trivia facts about all the surrounding features that are nearby, yet unseen. And of what is seen, I investigate until I am certain of what it is, then share said trivia facts.

Of course we stop plenty of places to explore, but it's just as fun to return to the car and hit the open road. It's one of the beauties of living in America. This vast, beautiful land is at our fingertips, so long as we have a car and some gas money.

No comments:

Post a Comment