Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nerf Initiation

My little sister is engaged to a kind, wonderful, conservative boy.  Okay, he's not exactly a boy.  He is a recent college grad entrenched in the madness of the upcoming election, and he is stationed in D.C.

It seems reasonable that he hasn't found the time to journey to Wisconsin to meet his future sister and brother-in-law, nephews and niece.  But, I would like to submit to you that his busyness has nothing to do with it.  I think he's afraid of this...



And this...........

(Yes, that big boy is my husband.)  

Mr. Wonderful... we are waiting to meet you.  What's the problem?  Are you scared of a little Nerf dart?

Actually, we've seen pictures of his semi-automatic Nerf, of sorts, and we only have these little guns, so there is seemingly reason to falter. Still... there are many of us. We are not afraid.

Seriously though, once the Nerf-pelting is over, which is just a normal part of our day, we cannot wait to hug the future Uncle to my children and welcome him right in.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! We read this and laughed *so hard.* MW actually teared up a little (fear?). Did I tell you that he freaked when I didn't let him bring his nerf gun to DC? Yeah. I was like hun you're going to be working 15 hour days, trust me, you won't miss it, what are you going to do, nerf congressional offices? Turns out he misses it like crazy. He's bringing it back when he goes home at Christmas. For real.

    Sidebar: These pictures are too cute and you have to do a collage of nerf-ness.

    I can't wait to have my whole family together someday. I wish we could just cut out all the useless states- east coast+ Chicagoland + AZ/CO/CA... Then we'd all be close enough to drive! <3

    ReplyDelete