Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'd Be Lost

I'd be lost without my handy dandy cell phone.  Truly lost.  
It's smudged and chipped.  It's been through many falls.  It almost landed in the lake three weeks ago.  Oh my gosh! I would have died.
(My wallpaper is Grover in a chrysalis. Not a scarf, a chrysalis, as so beautifully done by my 4-year-old God-daughter who recently had her own caterpillars transform into butterflies.)
It's been said that every time a woman has a baby, she loses a quarter of her brain.  I have four kids. Do the math.
Actually, I must be pretty smart to use my phone to compensate for my brain degeneration, though I would argue my brain is just fine and it is the pure chaos of my life that leaves me mentally challenged.

My phone has a calendar.  Each event on the calendar can have a reminder alarm.  I use this on every event in my life.  (To think my calendar used to serve more as a record of the past since I never forgot my appointments.) As an extreme precaution, I even use it for my set work schedule.  When the alarm sounds, my husband will say, "What's that beeping for?" I usually say, "I don't know. I have to check."  It could be anything from "I have to go to work now" to "remember to wash your children's sports uniforms."  

This phone also wakes me up every morning.  I'm all for consolidating gadgets because we have so many possessions in our house with six people living here.  Alarm clock was acting funny. Tossed it.  Use the phone.


My little sister and I  hate talking on the phone, but love sharing random daily happenings from the benign to the intense to the strange.  We text... a lot.  It's how we stay connected and close.  I love my phone for this!

My phone takes crappy pictures.  But, hey, it takes pictures.  You see, I have four kids.  They are adorable and there are always things to take pictures of.  However, I have yet to set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take my camera with me when we go out, so I don't usually have it.  At least I have my phone.

Did I mention it is also my mp3 player?

I'd be lost without my LG.  I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Well we all know I'm addicted to my crackberry and that I haven't taken a picture with a real camera since like '97.

    But I love texting with you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS does your phone sync with itunes? Mine doesn't do it very well. I think it's a Verizon thing. Maybe once they have the iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine syncs with Windows Media, which is what I'm used to and have my tunes in. You see. I've never had an iPod! True story. Kind of annoying though to buy tunes on iTunes and have to convert them to Windows Media or visa versa since hubby DOES have an iPod. Boo!

    ReplyDelete